Here’s the February update on my 2014 resolutions:
Still making excellent progress on my goal of reading 30 books. In February, I completed 6 new books, which are listed below. More information is available in my book list. Of these 6 books, my favorite two were the Michael Sullivan books (Fantasy Fiction). So I’m already 50% of the way to my goal of 30 books this year… at least this resolution is going well.
- The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking (Burkeman, Oliver)
- The Forever War (Haldeman, Joe)
- The Rose and the Thorn (Sullivan, Michael J.)
- The Crown Tower (Sullivan, Michael J.)
- Emperor of Thornes (Lawrence, Mark)
- Embedded Linux Primer – A Practical Real-World Approach (Hallinan, Christopher)
2. 365 Opportunities
This is really tough. I currently have a list of 39 ideas / opportunities. In theory I should have a total of 59. No real amazing ideas although I am thinking I will start working on one of the ideas from February as I move into March. It has to deal with an Android app that I would like to use.
3. Exercise More Consistently
Well, I have mixed results for February. I did get out and start hiking a lot more. The hikes have kicked my butt so I’m hoping they are getting me in better shape. However, I did end up gaining 1.4 lbs over the month. I think exercising once a week and eating whatever I like isn’t working out in terms of weight loss. Hopefully, March will warm up a little so that I can get outside and do some running and bicycling.
4. Online Classes
Well, I dropped all but one class from January. It was taking up way too much time trying to do four classes. I think in the future I will plan to only take one class at a time.
- UT.6.01x Embedded Systems – Shape the World (edx.org)
5. Building Something
Absolutely nothing. As I mentioned earlier, I do have an idea for an Android app that I hope to work on in March.